domingo, 9 de septiembre de 2007

All's well that ends.

Some things in life are odd, like getting the same feeling about moving country that you had about moving house some years ago. 8 and a half months in Bogota have just passed me by, with all of the grace and charm of a fully sik torana complete with screaming drunkard.  I know where I am going but I don't know what I am going to.  I am looking forward to traveling but at the same time I am really just looking forward to relaxing.  I have been on holidays, but at the same time i have been pushing myself to reach for those dreams.  Spanish is a lot more difficult than anyone really gives it credit for.  I now feel like I have at least learned what it is that I have to learn. As for an understanding of the culture and way of the people of Colombia, I really tried and I feel I have an understanding although i don't entirely agree with all of it I can accept how it all came about. 

My bag is packed and I already feel tired knowing that I have to get up at 3 or so in the morning for a bright and early flight.

I am terrible at goodbyes, even worse at hellos but quite good at the bit in the middle ( well I think so at least).

I have 35 days of busses, hostels, hand washing, single serving friends, and amazingly new old things to experience.

But first .... I have to pack the computer!

No hay comentarios: